Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Times Square...by request

Rodney went out of town this weekend.  He left early on Saturday morning to meet some guy friends in Boston.  Since he was leaving we decided to do something fun on Friday night.  We asked the kids what they wanted to do and Blake quickly requested a trip to Times Square.  When Carly and I were at the American Girl store, Rodney took Blake to this area of the city to explore a bit.  He spotted something that he wanted to try out but Rodney wouldn't let him without Carly...

So first we grab dinner at a kid friendly restaurant.  We were lucky to get a window seat and this is basically what the kids did for the entire meal.  Rodney and I joked that we could totally have a date night as long as we got a window seat, we didn't even know they were there.
Avery is a big girl now and REALLY likes to sit in a highchair.  She is not perfectly steady yet but does pretty good.
More window watching....it looks like daylight in some of these pictures, that is how bright Times Square is.  I can't imagine paying for a hotel room near here, you would want to make sure the hotel had blackout curtains.
Hey kids, remember us,  your parents....
Ok so the real reason Blake wanted to see Times Square again is because of the totally awesome Ferris wheel at Toys R Us.  All of the "seats" on the wheel are things like this:




Here they are waiting patiently in line...
Avery and I watched from the next floor up so we could get good pictures.  Poor thing, I am afraid every picture of her from our life in NYC will be in a stroller.  She loves going places in it!
The kids and Rodney got to ride in the Nickelodeon themed car.


It was a fun night out.  This part of the city is VERY busy especially on the weekends.  After dinner and the Toys R Us ride we headed home.  The kids are getting used to the city.  I looked over while Rodney was grabbing a cab for us and saw both kids holding their arms up too. ha!
Come visit us!  The kids will hale you a cab!

No comments:

Post a Comment