Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blake's First Confession

Blake made his First Confession on March 3rd..  He was a bit nervous the days leading up to the big day but we had practiced and he knew the Act of Contrition by heart.  We opted for a sitter the day of so we could focus on him and it was fun to just give all our attention to one kiddo.

There were 120 kids and this was just one of two days.  All of the children sat on the end of the pew and the parents next to them.  Father gave a really nice sermon and shared some excerpts from a children's book called David Gets in Trouble.  This helped the children understand what type of sins they might want to share during confession.  Father also went through a short checklist with the kids saying things like "I talked mean to my parents, I used my hands to hurt my sibling, I told a fib to get my way, I played with something I wasn't supposed to, etc".  Well since Blake had practiced ahead of time I realized that every "sin" that Father mentioned that was on Blake's "list", he nodded his head.  ha!

Blake did great during his confession and told us he was nervous before but felt really great when it was over. He said Father was very nice about what he told him.  Blake got to pick the restaurant for lunch after and just the three of us went out.

We are proud of him, he is learning so much about his faith this year and is taking it seriously.  I can't believe he is old enough to do these things already!

(shame on me, I didn't take a single picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment