Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Staten Island Ferry Ride

Sunday mornings are crazy.  I don't really know why because they aren't really any different than school mornings for me.  Rodney goes early to church so the kids and I get ready and head over about an hour later.  Carly was playing in her room and she closed the door on Avery.  Avery for some reason thinks that her fat little body will fit under the door.  So she lays by the door and pushes and grunts trying to go underneath it. 

 After church one of the other fellows called and he and his wife were going to a puppet show at Central Park and they thought our kids would enjoy it.  So we took a slight detour and met them there for the show.  I didn't take any during the show pictures but at the end they brought a puppet out to show the kids how it worked.  It was a cute little theater in the Swedish Cottage at the park.
 Enjoying the show...
 After the show we caught a subway train and took it to the South Ferry in Wallstreet.  No worries to the Grandmas, we avoided the area where all the protesters are set up.  The Staten Island Ferry runs every half hour from Manhattan to Staten Island daily.  The best parts are its FREE, it goes right by the Statue of Liberty and you get a great view of the burrows.  This all happened during Avery's naptime and she was not having an easy time falling asleep. I guess I make a better pillow.

 Looking at all the boats...
 This is what the Ferry looks like, they are much bigger than I imagined.  The sign says they carry 75,000 passengers daily.
 More watching...Avery Kate is awake now too.
 A cruise boat we passed on the way back to Manhattan.
 The kids in front of the Statue of Liberty.
 and a passing ferry...
 Avery and the Statue of Liberty.  She looks excited right?


We grabbed a subway home and then a quick dinner.  Back to our routine this week!  Looking forward to next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment