Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Columbus Day Parade

This kids were out of school for Columbus Day.  We enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL long weekend with the best weather.  We spent the majority of the weekend outside or at the park.   On Monday, I took the kids to the Columbus Day Parade which came through our part of the city.  Rodney had a break in the work day so he joined us for a little while.  


 Carly's favorite part was of course the horses.
 They thought the pooper scoopers were really funny...they laughed harder when I told them that Uncle John and Uncle Clay had both served a pooper scooper role at one point in their lives.


 He had somewhat of a break....but was caught on the phone a lot too.
 We sat on the side after the TV cameras so sometimes there was a gap in the floats so they would sit for a rest.
It was a fun 3 day weekend!  I am grateful for a job that allows me to shuffle my schedule to be able to take the kids to things like this on a whim.

No comments:

Post a Comment