I had the opportunity to go away this weekend with some great friends from college. Rodney was glad to keep the kids for the weekend so off I went. I flew into Indy on Friday and Laura picked me up from the airport. I got to go with her to pick up Lauren from school and then we had lunch together. My friend picked me up from their house to go to the hotel for our girls weekend. We had dinner and cocktails friday night and followed that up on saturday with a marathon shopping day. On sunday I went back to John and Laura's for a couple of hours to see the rest of the kiddos and then they dropped me back at the airport. I loved seeing the kids, they were fun to chat with but they were a bit disappointed that I had come alone.
I returned home on Sunday evening and couldn't arrive without a treat. Blake scored this great basketball game and I had Rodney in mind when I picked it out. What a good sport!
Carly is still in love with unicorns. She has had this big unicorn pillow pet for some time and sleeps with it every night. I found this mini one while shopping. She was thrilled!
It didn't take long before she tucked the little one under the big one and told me that the mama was pregnant.
Avery didn't get any toys...just her mama...she seemed happy with that. She sat on my lap most of the evening before falling asleep. I missed her too and didn't go lay her down right away....
Thanks to Rodney for entertaining the kids all weekend. He even endured snow on Saturday to take them out to dinner and they made it to church on time sunday as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment