Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Playing in the Yard at School

We are lucky enough to live just a few short blocks from school.  The "yard" is open for play during the summer.  We have taken advantage of this and have walked down to shoot baskets, ride scooters, or play on the playground equipment to burn off our evening energy.  

Showing me his best pitcher pose....he is used to getting his picture taken a lot.  
 From the catcher's angle...except I don't catch.
 She is getting really good at her scooter.  She only fell twice tonight and instead of high drama she just yelled "I'm ok!" and got back up and rode again.  That's progress people!
 Avery and I walk laps around the yard.  She loves it as long as I don't stop which is good motivation for me to keep going.
 Taking a break.....she is so much like me, not so athletic....she insisted on wearing this helmet while playing basketball just in case she got hit in the head with the ball....which for her is pretty likely.
With no backyard we go on lots of walks to get rid of extra energy at night. Last night the kids raced up and down our sidewalk for quite awhile.  Rodney told Carly the next time she complained about her feet hurting after a short walk he wasn't going to fall for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment