Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday Daddy!
The kids and I set out to shop for Rodney's birthday this morning.  Carly insisted on putting some of her things into this evening bag of mine and carting it around the city.  She was quite proud of it as you can tell from the picture.  The kids settled on their presents and we headed back to the apartment.  

Our last stop before getting back to the apartment was to pick up a special dessert for supper.  So we stopped by the Purple Elephant (which is way to close to our apartment by the way) and picked up these treats.

Rodney got home from work early and after Avery woke up from her nap we headed out to the park to play a little catch.  Rodney and Blake with a baseball....


Carly and I with a frisbee....
She is running behind her in this picture because she often let go of the frisbee too early and it would fly back behind her.  She takes after her mother a little to much....

Avery with a double ear infection was a good girl most of the time and content to chew on her rings and just watch.
After Avery had enough of sitting still she and I went for a nice long walk around and around the circle while the frisbee game continued.
We made it halfway home before the kids needed a break because their feet were "SO SORE".  We are working hard to build up their endurance.
We picked up Rodney's choice for dinner and headed home.  Avery was watching Blake eat his pizza so we decided to give cereal a try.  I think she would have rather had the pizza.


We will keep practicing I think.  When I took her to the Dr this week for her ears she weighed in at 18.1 pounds so she definitely isn't starving.

Somehow as you get older birthdays are just not that big of a deal anymore.  We did have a really great family night and enjoyed being together.  Rodney is such a great dad and the kids adore him.  We are so proud of Rodney and are so lucky to have him!   Happy Birthday Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment