Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our First Few Days In New York

We have arrived!  On Wednesday the kids and I accompanied by my VERY helpful Dad set out for New York City.  We flew out of Indianapolis on Wed morning and arrived in New York by 6pm only enduring a small delay in Charlotte.  Sorry its blurry, I took it on my phone.  I didn't really make him ride with all three kids, Avery sat with me for the flight.  The kids were very excited that the second flight had three seats together so they could have one side of Grandpa each.  For not flying much, Dad did great.  He did go through the scanner in Indy and the kids and I didn't have to.  Carly asked why, and I told her the scanners were just for AARP members....and she said, does that mean he's old?  ha!

Rodney  met us at the airport and I was too tired and out of it to remember to take any pictures.   Once we arrived at the apartment and took the very quick tour (it is very small remember), Dad and I ventured out for a few grocery items and supper to go while the kids hung back with Rodney.  We of course fell right to sleep that night without any problems.

The next day we dug right into unpacking while Rodney was at work.  Dad's first order of business was to assemble the bunk beds.  He and his trusty helper got them put together before lunch which was a tall order considering the pile of lumber that fell out of the box when he opened it.  I told him he got the Father In Law of the Year award in Rodney's book for taking care of those beds.


While Dad and Blake worked on the beds, Carly got to know her toys again.  She kept busy in the living room while I unpacked the kitchen and bathroom.  I think the title "Where's Waldo?" fits this picture well.


We didn't unpack the whole time, we wanted Dad to enjoy the city too while he was here.  Rodney had to work on Thurs and Friday so we took the kids for walks and enjoyed a really great plate of spaghetti and meatballs from a local restaurant....to-go of course. :)  Most of the restaurants on our street are quite small and have little to no air conditioning plus with 3 kiddos eating at home is just easier.  On Dad's last night here we spent some time at Central Park which is just 2 blocks way.  Some friends from IN were visiting NYC so they met us at the park too.  Thanks Pampel girls for stopping by!

Here we are having a hot dog picnic before we explore the park.
Then we walked out the great lawn so they could see how huge the park really is.  After that we spent some time at a playground before heading back for ice cream.  The kids and I visited the park again today.  Next time we will dress them in swimsuits so they can play in the sprinkler part of the playground.




Rodney is on call this weekend and his beeper has been going off like crazy!  We are settling back into our schedule of being a doctor's family that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. yea, sounds like an exciting first weekend. Hope the fun continues and school goes well. Add some more pics of the apartment once you get it situated. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete